Founded in 1977, it is a self-sufficient entity that generating income by providing publication services and selling published books.
The Department of Architecture and Department of Industrial Design were established in 1999 and 2002 respectively.
On 23 June 1947, the school was upgraded as College of Agriculture Malaya by , the then Governor of.
From 25 July 2011, the staff moved to new complex gradually whereas the administrative office moved into the gallery building in December 2011.
In Bintulu campus, there is only one faculty before the restructuring, which is Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, consists of five departments.
It is a place for workshops on culture and arts, suitable for theatre performances and debate competition.